Question: (Yes/No answer) Nearly everyone we know uses short cuts to get the job done?
Answer: Generally yes.
However, there are some reasons not to use short cuts. As we all know, a project is completed by use of certain construction methods. Short cuts usually modify methods and as a result, decrease the safety built into proven methods.
What are some ideas to keep in mind when doing short cuts?
– Everyone uses short cuts
– They can be dangerous
– Sometimes they are deadly
– Our company is willing to take the time necessary to do a job properly
– Heights increase the dangers of short cuts
– Excavation and tunnels increase the dangers of short cuts
– Warn those using unsafe short cuts of the hazards associated with short cuts.
Additional Discussion Notes:
Short cuts can really hurt our customers and our profits. Name some examples you have seen on the job.
Remember: Although we all use short cuts in our daily routines, we must be aware of the dangers that short cuts expose us to. There are two ways to perform a work task. Often the safe way is not the fastest or easiest way.