- Download 0
- File Size 19 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date February 4, 2021
- Last Updated November 16, 2021
Manual handling refers to any activity requiring the use of force by a person to lift, lower, push, pull, hold or restrain something.
Putting boxes on shelves, painting, gardening, cleaning, writing and typing are some examples of manual handling tasks.
Manual handling injuries include:
- Strains and sprains
- Neck and back injuries
- Slips, falls and crush incidents
- Cuts, bruises and broken bones
- Occupational overuse syndrome (OOS)